There is a lot of talk about the future of low-code platforms in the open source world, but it is not away from us. Early stage developers develop apps and technology solutions with no programming knowledge, using platforms for developing low-code codes. Citizen developers can use low-code platforms with minimal training to share their business vision and applications. The rise of citizen developers as power users has led to a significant increase in the number of open source projects and the growth of the open source community. Today we look at the future of positioning low codes and code space for the next generation of high-tech applications such as mobile phones, the web and the cloud.
Low-code development platform is an application that helps in the fast development of code by minimizing hand-coding efforts. These platforms not only help with coding but also with the quick setup and deployment. Low-code development platforms (or rapid-application development platforms) helps developers to build simple process applications with little oversight. These tools simplify the application building process, and are frequently used for simple process applications.
As demand for low-code platforms continues to grow, developers will find that they will increase to meet this demand. It doesn’t matter if the developers are on board with the change or not; change is the path of least resistance. Where we are now is just the beginning of the new solutions that Low Codes and Platforms will deliver in the future.
The market is very keen to enable business professionals to provide mobile apps to all kinds of people, because there are low-code platforms that are designed for them. As more and more companies rely on low-code for their mobile app development needs, more and more myths will emerge. OutSystems is one of the first and most successful examples of a low-code platform that provides the extensibility required for apps. It is a great example of an open source platform with a high level of support for developers and users.
There’s the whole Buddhist thing about the essence of a bowl being its emptiness—that’s why it’s useful. Its emptiness allows it to hold something. I guess that means that design must talk about something else. If you make design about design, you’re just stacking bowls, and that’s not what bowls are for.
Minimum Viable Product
A low-code platform can help development teams build cross-platform applications using the same toolkit. As the name suggests, a low-code platform requires niche programming skills to use the platform for immediate business needs. These platforms enable developers to quickly develop viable products (MVPs) and explore new ideas faster and cost-effectively. It is intended to serve as a platform to empower more people to develop the software tools they need to do their jobs more effectively. By building highly customized, scalable and secure solutions, companies can position themselves successfully for the long term.
At the highest level, a low-code platform helps companies to better prepare for a bold future of software development. By using high-level tools such as Java and Java EE, Java development teams can focus more on innovation and meet the needs of the modern company.
Gartner estimates that by 2020, more than 80% of all new enterprise apps in the US will be created with a high productivity tool and low code platforms. It is therefore no surprise that low-code platform is the future of the enterprise app, as it increases efficiency. With COVID 19, low-code platforms like Appian can help companies develop tailored software that can make changes quickly. Unlike platforms that have been developed with other technologies, developers of low-code platforms need to connect their platforms to create more data sources.
Let’s look at the industry’s top 6 low code platforms
Benefits of Mendix
- First low-code platform to support AI-assisted development
- No-code collaboration with Mendix Studio
- Dedicated Model API & SDK
- Cloud Foundry support
- Rapid/ One-click cloud deployment
- Integrated app store
Benefits of salesforce
- Faster App Development: Salesforce Lightning low code platform makes it easy for non-technical employees to build an app. This allows businesses to reduce the time associated with app development cycles by not requiring app developers for building every app.
- Better Resource Management: With the Lightning platform, all departments can develop their own apps by freeing up IT to focus on their core tasks/initiatives.
- Cost Optimization: Businesses can work with a small team as the majority of app development tasks can now be done with the minimal effort.
- Better Customer Engagement & Experience: Salesforce Lightning allows businesses to quickly roll out more customer-centric apps to enhance the customer experience by building niche apps.
Benefits of outsystems
- Speed: Develop full-stack and mobile apps incredibly fast and deploy with one click
- Acceleration: Manage app development without re-coding every component
- Agility with Market Changes: Develop, validate, quickly-fail, learn and develop another one with short development cycles
- Minimize Financial Risk: Use out systems low code platform with a relatively small up-front investment
- Built-in Security: Outsystems low code platform ensures apps are safe all the way from design to deployment with the latest app security features
Benefits of Oracle
- Intuitive Developer Experience
- Easy Page Design
- World Class UI
- Immediate Results
Benefits of Buildfire
- Organizations tend to develop a quick cookie cutter app that offer limited functionality. But BuildFire offers simplicity of DIY app development and fully custom app development features
- Companies can leverage hundreds of out-of-the-box features available in buildfire’s marketplace to start adding robust functionality.
- Rapid Prototyping and Real Time Preview is possible with buildfire. It makes prototyping a breeze and allows you to rapidly experiment with new ideas and designs.
Benefits of Appian
- Drag-and-drop interfaces
- Instant mobility
- Declarative Tools
- Security and Scalability
It is a good idea to choose a platform that offers the ability to scale almost any application component independently of dependencies. It combines web – scaling – time architecture that enables flexible scaling on demand on a larger user base, with high – performance, low – cost and scalable – application development.Not all vendors offer this capability, but it has become a must for the development of enterprise software. Almost all of the platforms listed are cloud-based, although most market leaders also have an integrated development environment for desktop-based development. The whole process is more like programming than developing web applications: the platform makes itself available and does not make its programming available to developers. If you have a fully managed cloud, a free trial for paid users and a subscription version is a must. Unlike previous low-code products that let you deploy your application or apps in the public cloud or on the premises.
: https://www.apriorit.com/dev-blog/617-web-top-best-lcdps-2019: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190813005350/en/Low-Code-Future---OutSystems-Named-Leader-2019: https://hackernoon.com/10-low-code-and-no-code-application-development-platforms-ew513y8q: https://enterprise-cio.com/news/2018/mar/26/low-code-development-platforms-pain-or-gain/: https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/top-10-low-code-platforms/: https://www.predictiveanalyticstoday.com/top-low-code-development-platforms/: https://adtmag.com/blogs/dev-watch/2017/05/low-code-tools.aspx: https://addo.io/blog/article/top-5-key-requirements-great-low-code-development-platform: https://www.outsystems.com/blog/posts/best-low-code-development-platforms/